Monday, March 3, 2014

Things Are Never Dull

Sometimes I think the reason we believe life is dull is because we forget too quickly. Things are never dull. Take this past week.

My 17 year old got a nasty case of pink eye and went around the house saying, “I am Sauron.”

I found out a friend of mine (a person of respectable age) dragged raced my 19 year old. I find it hard to wrap my brain around two mini-vans barreling down a well-known speed trap. But my son told me, “It was okay. I pinned them between another car and our van—no way, was I going to get a ticket.” Hmm. I’m sure my friend might tell the story a bit differently.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, birds regularly fly down our chimney and into our house. Thankfully, Sauron-son and I are bird removal experts. Jezebel, our bird dog, believes that birds inside the house are pets and ignores them.

My husband missed clicking a button in TurboTax and we went from a refund to “give us your arm, your leg, and your firstborn son.” Since our first born no longer lives at home, I was beginning to wonder how I could lure him back. Thankfully, we found the random unclicked button. I am still recovering from the stress.


I’m hoping for a mellow, quiet week. Dull is good.

File:NGC 4151.jpg
This is a spiral galaxy called "Eye of Sauron." It looks remarkably like my blue-eyed son's case of pink eye.
Image courtesy of Wikimedia.

4 comments:

  1. OMG. I am Sauron. But pinkeye? Ouch.

    Drag racing. Not good.

    I hope the rest of your week goes swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a much calmer week. It sounds like everything is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He can joke about Pink Eye? He's my hero. :-)

    Your dog seems to choose wisely. Indoor birds must be pets because it would be too darn inconvenient otherwise!

    I pray that both you and I have much calmer weeks ahead. Adventure is when you read about the other guy having your kind of luck!

    Thanks for visiting and staying to chat at my cyber-home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. . . I'm trying to figure out who said adult was who drag raced said sibling of mine. I have an idea, but he doesn't usually take said route. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete