Friday, October 1, 2010

Why This Post is Late

The normal Friday post is late.  Hmm. I appear to be developing some bad habits. But I do have a good excuse.

Drumroll....

I finished editing my murder mystery. Yay! Well, not completely finished. I'm still working on the read-aloud.  When I finish a novel, I read the entire thing aloud to myself. It helps me find all those pesky typos. It's not much fun though. But as I tell my kids, nothing worth doing is ever easy.  Anyway I should finish the read-aloud today.

Yesterday I emailed a MM queries to a couple of agents who requested that I query them. Now comes the wait, which is the worst part of being a writer. But the good thing about that is I get to start dreaming/planning/plotting whatever it is that I'm going to write next. Time for the happy dance.

Besides finishing my own book, I'm beta reading a novel for a friend. It's young adult horror. I've never read horror before--it's delightfully creepy and paranormal spooky. I wish I could share with it. But I can't. Sorry.

Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray!! I hope I can read one of your books soon :)

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! Happy dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are tempting us with wanting to read more than one book. How long will we have to wait girl?
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You've earned it. Two novel edits in one summer: Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the edits!

    All the best with picking a new project.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete